Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pineapple Tarts!



Guess what...it's just a 'spur of a moment' thing later in the afternoon today, I just decided to bake some pineapple tarts. Since there was still some baking supplies, it was sorry to see it go to waste. It was pretty much a simple process. A bit of shifting here, weighing there, rubbing etc...and voila!! I managed to create (I must say) edible pineapple tarts. Not that I've never done it before but this time I just tried a recipe which I looked up through the internet today and gave it a try. The ingredients were simple and precise in measurements of ingredients that I did not have to make any adjustment to the portions. It is delicious (so my daughter said)! Going to bring some back to Limbang. And FYI this is the only cookies homemade this time around...the rest of the cookies..well some were bought, some were gifts. I think I'm more of a cake making person. It is more tedious but I enjoyed seeing the end result (the looks and taste) of the cake (mostly Layer Cakes). I inherited the recipes from my mom and most of the measurements are like a cup of this, a can of that etc...back then measurements are based on the texture of the mixture and so the hand and eyes coordinations are important to determined the right mix. Didn't do any cake making this year or else I would be taking some orders for the festive season. Maybe not this year huh! There is always next year...maybe if I have the time to do so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...